version 2006 : using old components

This is the forum for general discussion.

Moderator: 2ffat

version 2006 : using old components

Postby bigblue » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:04 am

I have a project that has been developed using BCB6. Now I want to move to new IDE 2006. The project uses some third part components. I have not been able to compile their BCB6 packages in the new BCB, but luckily they all had Delphi 2005 projects which successfully compiled and integrated into BDS 2006.

I also managed to load, compile and run my C++ project in BCB 2006 afterwards. Everythig would be perfect except for the fact that I can not see those components in Tool pallete. They are integrated because the project builds without problems, and when I click on compnent I can inspect it in Object inspector but I can not create a new one since it is not shown on the tool pallete! When I switch to Delphi IDE, the components are there and I can use them normally. I suppose this is because I installed from Delphi 2005 project and somehow the components are not visually registered in BCB IDE.

Does anyone know what to do?
bigblue

Thank you

Postby Guest » Wed May 24, 2006 1:57 pm

bigblue wrote: I have not been able to compile their BCB6 packages in the new BCB, but luckily they all had Delphi 2005 projects which successfully compiled and integrated into BDS 2006.

For unlocking the secrets of "2006.".

Postby stukelly » Fri May 26, 2006 4:03 pm

Hi,

You need to set the linker option create all C++Builder files, for the componets to appear in the C++ personality.

Stu :)
stukelly
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Return to General